July 07, 2020
Univision Trashes Mount Rushmore in Its Fourth of July Coverage While Promoting Marxism
In his address to the nation on Friday, President Trump reaffirmed our commitment to the beliefs enshrined in the Declaration of Independence. Described by the Wall Street Journal as 'one of the best speeches of his Presidency,' it included a call for Americans to follow Dr. Martin Luther King's example and recognize 'the mission of justice required us to fully embrace our founding ideals.'
The President appealed to American values like 'equal opportunity, equal justice, and equal treatment,' yet Univision anchor Arantxa Loizaga falsely claimed it was 'a controversial speech that (...) further divided the nation.' Similar to how Univision regularly ignores research showing many Hispanics actually support much of the President's immigration agenda, its characterization of his speech ignored a recent a poll that found 75% of Americans agree with President Trump that Mount Rushmore should be preserved.
Univision’s unfair coverage did not stop there. Reporter Pablo Gato reduced Mount Rushmore to 'sculptures of four former presidents, some of whom owned slaves.' One expects a leftist rag like Telesur to disparage a revered American landmark, not a national news network.
Univision dishonestly suggested President Trump's defense of American history and ideals was about 'whether or not Confederate monuments should be removed.' In fact, President Trump’s only allusion to the Confederacy was when he praised abolitionist Frederick Douglass (who fought it), honored Ulysses S. Grant (who defeated it), and quoted the 'Battle Hymn of the Republic' (Google it).
Univision’s deliberate deception is outrageous, but it's also part of a pattern. The network regularly hides left-wing extremism from Hispanics:
- Viewers who rely on Univision would not know that radical leftists have desecrated monuments to Hispanic heroes, such as San Junpiero Serra, Simón Bolívar, and Miguel de Cervantes—an editorial omission that would be unthinkable if the vandals were associated with the political right.
- Nor would its viewers know of the Democrat Party and Joe Biden's extremism on abortion.
- They would be equally unaware that Joe Biden and other Democrats have imposed a fake ethnic term on them that's rejected by 98% of Hispanics.
Univision knows the Democrat Party's cultural extremism would alienate their audience, so they consistently avoid or downplay it. Their activism extends to other topics:
- Last week, Univision falsely claimed that Hispanic unemployment is the highest.
- Univision's Jorge Ramos has falsely denied that radical leftist groups were involved in recent riots.
- In a special that would have made Walter Duranty proud, Ramos assured his viewers that neo-Marxists merely want a 'strong social safety net,' despite the fact one of the people he interviewed openly calls for abolishing capitalism.
- A Univision initiative is encouraging millennials to add Eduardo Galeano's infamous 'Open Veins of Latin America' to their reading lists, a Marxist manifesto that is so radical that Hugo Chavez gave it to Barack Obama as a gift and Galeano eventually disavowed his own book.
These are not just editorial oversights (which coincidentally always cut in the same direction); it's disgraceful partisan activism posing as journalism. It stems from years of unchecked arrogance from a national news team whose ideological zealotry sullies the work of their colleagues and local affiliates.
Hispanic Americans deserve a real and fair news network, not MSNBC en Español.
La campaña de Trump conmemora el Día de la Independencia de Venezuela
Declaración de la campaña de Trump sobre la cobertura sesgada de Univisión